Wednesday 2 May 2012

Keep Swimming!

Saturday was a very proud moment for us.  When Elize asked to take part in Swimathon 2012 I wasn't sure about it but once we'd signed up, we were really looking forward to the challenge.

As the time to actually take part got closer, Elize started to have second thoughts and I was beginning to worry that Andrew and I would be swimming the 200 lenths between us!  However, she really came up trumps at the weekend.  She was a little swimming star and we were very proud of her.

I was really quite emotional watching her getting ready to take on the first part of our challenge and I realised at that point how much my little girl was growing up.  She swam 40 lengths in just under 32 minutes and you could tell that she was very proud of herself when she got out of the pool.

As a team, we swam the 200 lengths in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 5 seconds and we have raised £660 so far for Marie Curie, which is what it was all about.  The sponsorship channels are still open so if you would like to donate then please follow this link to our team page.  We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us during our challenge, it has meant a lot to us and we really appreciate it.

I wonder what Swimathon 2013 will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment